Communication in today’s age has become something so easy to do that you can communicate with people anywhere in the world as long as they have a connection to the internet, this has revolutionised the way that the world operates, from businesses to personal use, making it possible to still be in contact with people from all different countries, in real time or leaving them a message that they can read later, these are some of the ways that we can communicate in the world today.
Emails were originally created so that scientists could exchange messages to each other, however it quickly caught on, and very quickly become a phenomenon around the world, the first E-mail was sent in 1971, between 2 computers that were right next to each other. Today, email has become a worldwide common tool for the internet, with companies able to create their own servers for the email address, and emails can be sent between different email account types (Such as BT mail to Google mail). Nearly all of the mail sent today is SPAM mail, SPAM mail is mail sent advertising, trying to get people to buy products, however a lot of these mails do contain viruses that would damage your computer if they were to get onto it.
I personally use emails very often to keep up to date with teachers, friends, to keep track of products that I have purchased online, and many other useful things.
Instant messaging is a form of chat that is available today so that you can have real-time conversations with friends over the internet, this enables you to be able to communicate with the person you are talking to straight away, this enables you to be able to get in touch with people and talk about anything that you may wish to, this allows companies to be able to communicate between each other to help business run smoothly, this also allows friends to stay in contact should they move far away from each other, or families to be able to keep in touch easily.
I use instant messaging only through social networking (Facebook) enabling me to be able to communicate with friends, and to be able to communicate with family.
Message boards
Message boards are a form of communication as in a person can set a topic on a website for discussion, and people can reply to set topic with their opinions and thoughts on the subject, this could enable people to be able to ask a question on a website and get peoples thoughts on answers and opinions for the subject, message boards are a widely used way to have discussions about subjects that you’re interested in.
I do not personally use message boards, I do look at similar boards to which people have answered questions I have wanted to ask, but however I do not use one directly.
Online conferencing
Online conferences can be held through certain programmes such as MSN, which allows for webcam chatting between multiple people, this makes it possible for a group of people to be able to have a conference (such as businesses) to discuss subject, this makes it efficient for businesses to have meetings, without having to leave the office, which could make it very convenient as they wouldn’t have to travel long distances.
I have used video conferences; however it was for leisure to talk to friends.
Blogs are peoples personal online diaries that they write for people to read, or to show their opinions, Blogs are written by people all over the world, for all different purposes, (Even now, you’re reading one) blog websites often allow you to be able to “Follow” the person that you like to read the posts from, this makes it so that you’re emailed when they post a new blog, Blogs are usually ways for people to express their opinions on subjects either anonymously normally.
I personally do not blog, as I do not have that many interesting things to write about.
Newsgroups
Newsgroups are largely like forums, they’re discussions on possibly any subjects that you want, this allows people to talk about any topic that they may have an interest in, so that they can discuss their thoughts on the particular subjects that they are looking at, and so that they can read other peoples thoughts on the subject, this allows for introduction to new ideas and thoughts on subjects that people precipitating may not have thought about.
I personally do not use news boards as I proffer to use Forums, as I find them more convenient.
Online chatt can be done through many different types of software, such as Ventrillo,Teamspeak, MSN, & Skype, this allows people to communicate through voice, with the use of microphones, this can be very convenient for people who enjoy to talk to friends, or between businesses for quick communication so that they can keep each side up to date on anything that may be going on between the businesses.
I personally use Skype to talk, as it’s free and very easy to use, this allows me to talk to my friends and family without having to be charged for the call, thus making it very easy & efficient to use.
E-communities
E-Communities are groups of people that are usually on the same website that partake in conversations between each other and arrange events in the real world, some examples of e communities are Youtube, you get Vloggers on Youtube who all watch eachothers videos, and meet in real life to partake in events or just friendship, this allows for people to be able to grow as a community and helps the community grow.
I have personally not done something like this as I do not partake in such things on the websites.
Voice communication through the internet is one of the most common ways of people communicating today, this allows people to start conversations with their friends or families that may not live so close, without having to be charged for the call, allowing for people to talk over long distances for as long as they want for free, this could allow companies to keep in touch with any businesses that they may have in other countries, allowing them to be able to keep in up to date with any changes that the company they’re dealing with might have.
I personally use Skype very often to keep in touch with friends when I’m at home, this allows me to be able to keep up to date with friends more often
Social Networks (Facebook/Twitter)

Social networks like Twitter & Facebook are available for every that has a connection to the internet and are usually very free.


No comments:
Post a Comment